-->
Links

Friday, April 11, 2008

Its been awhile

Hi everyone,
Thought it was time to actually get around to updating my blog. I will endeavour to do it more regularly, anything can beat the 2 years since the last update - whoopsie!
Anyway I'm currently staying in the team house of Swift racing, located in Tielt winge, Belgium. This is the first time I have really spent anytime in Belg and is quite a change from little wee Limoux. Our wee village is quite wee, in fact it has one bakery (which is fantastic by the way), a Spar store, a bank that combines as a post office and a small belguim local. Still it is very cute and the riding is pretty good round these part, no mountains but nice all the same. I have yet to take heaps of photos but will post them up as soon as I do - hopefully today.
I had my first race last weekend, Flanders. It was a slight shock to the system and din't fair that well, although was pretty amazing to be part of such a famous race. I raced again the following day and felt much better, so hoping that I have started to find my racing legs.
Today its my first Kermese, should be fun. The sun is shining for about the 4th day in a row, so I'm excited by that. Our team is kitted out in pink, with an accompanying pink and white Swift camper, nice! The girls are all super nice and friendly, which certainly helps. Our team bikes are Museeuw bikes, that again have some element of pink in them. I'm kind of hoping that I might be able to meet the famous Mr Museeuw himself.
The training grounds round Tielt are pretty good, still don't quite know my way round be getting there slowly. Have cetainly found some good cafes to have my coffee stop at though. Leuven is only about 15km away, Diese and Aarschot 10km so not so far on the bike.
Anyway looks like we are about to leave for the race so better go, promise to write again soon and let you know how the racing goes today.
Take care everyone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home